Recipe: Essential Elements Fresh-Start Smoothie
We asked our INBLOOM team to share their "everyday faves" - simple ways they're using INBLOOM to add nutrition to their daily routine. Our Editorial Director Topher shared his latest smoothie recipe.
"Remember when everyone started making banana bread because we were all hanging out at home just staring at our extra bananas slowly going brown? My husband's response was to start freezing them. It was the beginning of a smoothie revolution in our house. In the mornings I'll toss a few pieces of frozen banana in a blender with Essential Elements and whatever else we've got in the fridge or in cupboards. Simple, tasty, healthy, and always a little different - it's a great breakfast!"
Essential Elements has a green, wholesome taste that works well in any smoothie. The best thing about blending up your breakfast is adaptability - whenever you get the urge to try something new it's really easy to add it into the mix. Though Topher's recipe uses bananas, frozen fruit of any kind is a great smoothie staple to keep on hand, along with nut butters, plant milks, and yogurt.
- — 3/4 frozen banana (peel and chop before freezing)
- — Ice
- — Heaping spoonful of peanut butter
- — Spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder
- — Two scoops of Essential Elements
- — Water
- 1) Add ice and then the rest of the ingredients into blender (for a thicker smoothie, don't add water)
- 2) Blend to desired consistency, at least until ice is crushed
If you have your own favorite INBLOOM smoothie recipe post a picture and tag us @tobeinbloom. We'd love to share your inspiration in a future post.