Chocolate Protein Brownies with Goji Berries
Creator: Darya Zozulya @mysecretavenue
At INBLOOM, even brownies are good for you. Treat yourself to guilt-free chocolate squares packed with nuts, seeds and plant-based protein. The cherry on top? An antioxidant-rich goji berry ganache.
For the brownies:
- — 2 scoops of Chocolate Clean Green Protein
- — 175g pitted dates
- — 70g packed almond flour
- — 35g raw cacao powder
- — 1.5 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- — 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- — 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- — 1/2 cup (50g) raw walnuts
- — 135g unsweetened shredded coconut
- — 60ml plus 1 tbsp maple syrup
- — 60ml unsweetened almond milk
- — 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the ganache and topping (optional):
- — 90ml maple syrup
- — 1/2 cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- — 1 tbsp maca powder
- — 1 cup (85g) shredded coconut flakes
- — 1 tbsp goji berries
- — 1 tsp dark chocolate
Make the brownies:
- 1) In a medium bowl, soak the dates for 20 minutes in enough boiling water to cover. Line a 9 by 13-inch (23 by 33 cm) pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cacao powder, hemp seeds, salt, and Chocolate Green Protein. Set aside.
- 3) In a food processor, pulse together the oats, walnuts, and shredded coconut until they are the texture of a coarse meal. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and set aside.
- 4) Drain the dates and add them to a blender along with the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla. Blend until completely combined, then add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is evenly combined.
- 5) Press the batter evenly in the prepared pan, gently pressing it down with your spoon or spatula.
Make the ganache:
- 1) In a blender, combine the maple syrup, cacao, and maca and blend until smooth. Pour the glaze over the brownies. Sprinkle the coconut flakes evenly over the glaze.
- 2) For the topping: Soak goji berries in hot water for approx 2 mins and spread on top of the brownies, grate dark chocolate on top.
- 3) Refrigerate the brownies overnight to set. Slice into roughly 2 by 2-inch (5 by 5 cm) squares and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.