Overnight Oats with Caramelized Bananas
Creator: Darya Zozulya @mysecretavenue
A comfort food—minus the guilt. This versatile whole-grain breakfast is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and can be eaten more ways than we can count. Try your next bowl with your daily dose of Beauty Aura and some naturally-sweetened banana.
For basic oatmeal:
- — 2 scoops Beauty Aura
- — 1 cup nut milk of choice
- — 1/2 cup gluten free porridge oats
- — 1 tsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- — 1tsp maple syrup
- — 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
For caramelized bananas:
- — 1 banana
- — 1 tsp coconut oil
- — 2 tbsp maple syrup
Suggested oatmeal toppings:
- — Handful of raspberries
- — 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- — 1 tsp smooth nut butter
- — Sprinkle of homemade granola
To make oatmeal:
- 1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix well.
- 2) Refrigerate overnight. You can either eat it cold or hot. If you prefer your oatmeal hot, just warm it up for a couple of minutes in a microwave or heat up on the stove in a saucepan. Adjust the milk according to how thick you like your porridge.
To caramelize bananas:
- 1) Heat 1tsp coconut oil in a frying pan.
- 2) When the pan is hot, gently place the bananas on, leaving enough space between them so they don’t touch when flipped. Leave the bananas to fry for a couple of minutes to allow them to brown off (make sure they don’t stick!).
- 3) Gently flip over to the other side & fry for another few minutes.
- 4) Add maple syrup and allow it to bubble for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken.
- 5) Top the porridge with caramelized bananas, fresh raspberries, pomegranate seeds, a dollop of your favorite nut butter and a sprinkle of granola for an extra crunch.